Thursday, May 6, 2010

Poem that repsents the Kite Runner

I Find No Peace - Sir Thomas Wyatt


I find no peace, and all my war is done.
I fear and hope. I burn and freeze like ice.
I fly above the wind, yet can I not arise;
And nought I have, and all the world I season.
That loseth nor locketh holdeth me in prison
And holdeth me not--yet can I scape no wise--
Nor letteth me live nor die at my device,
And yet of death it giveth me occasion.
Without eyen I see, and without tongue I plain.
I desire to perish, and yet I ask health.
I love another, and thus I hate myself.
I feed me in sorrow and laugh in all my pain;
Likewise displeaseth me both life and death,
And my delight is causer of this strife.

Robert, Edgar, and Henry Jacobs. Literature. An Introduction to Reading and Writing . Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, USA: Pearson Prentice Hall, 2007. Wyatt, Sir Thomas. I Find No Peace, 818. Print.



RATIONALE:

We chose the poem “I find No Peace” by Thomas Wyatt because it has a common theme with the book the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. The theme prominent in both the Kite Runner and "I Find No Peace "is loneliness and being isolated. Amir, the main character in the Kite Runner, is lonely because he does not have his father, Baba's attention. In this poem Sir Thomas Wyatt talks about being locked in a prison, feeling isolated from the world. This relates to the Kite Runner in the fact that Amir wants Baba’s attention but feels that he could never make him proud enough to get it. In this fact Amir does every thing; even sacrifices Hassan to obtain it. Sir Thomas Wyatt's poem also relates to Amir's sacrifice when the speaker says “I love another, and thus hate myself”. Or in the Kite Runner Amir loves his Baba but hates himself for betraying Hassan.

No comments:

Post a Comment