Thursday, May 6, 2010

Discussion: chapters 9-12

Quote: "I waited another thirty minutes. Then i knocked on Baba's door and told what i hoped would be the last in a long line of shameful lies"(hosseini 104)

Quote: "Forgive? But theft was the one unforgivable sin, the common denominator of all sins. There is no act more wretched then stealing. Hadn't Baba sat me on his lap andsaid those words to me? Then how could he just forgive Hassan? And if Baba could forgive that, then why couldn't he forgive me for not being the son he'd always wanted? Why---"(hisseini 106)

Quote: " Do you have to always be the hero? Can't you just let it go for once? But i knew he couldn't--- it wasn't in his nature. The problem was, his nature was going to get us all killed "

Quote: "I reached across the table and put my hands on his. I thought of all the trucks, trains sets, and bikes he'd bought me in Kabul. Now America. One last gift for Amir."(hosseini 130)

No comments:

Post a Comment